The Lord showed me that, in fasting, we can pick up things in the spirit. Jesus told His disciple's after not being able to cast out demon's, these kind only come out through prayer and fasting. During a 5 day fast, I watched my flesh and spirit split apart. It was pretty interesting to see. The effects of this were the separation between my head and my heart. Between the "I have to's" and my heart's desire. I felt like I had things in my life that I had to do, and things in my life that is my true heart's desire. So I prayed a dangerous prayer, "God, expose every area of fear in my life! Any fear in my thinking, in my decision making process, any fear of man, or fear of failure. And invade those area's with Love. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear: because fear has torment. He that fear's is not made perfect in love." ~ 1 John 4:18... Love and fear are at each others' throats. We feed one or the other.
We had a plan of going on vacation to Florida in August. As this approached, the Lord showed me I needed to give my car away. Around that time, my wife came home after driving that car, and said, "the Lord told me He's going to give us a new car, but first, He wants us to give this car away." So, we were looking for who God was highlighting. As we went to Florida, I saw us driving a different car when we got back.
When I was in Florida, I began to dream. Crazy dreams, like every time I laid down. My heart was open like never before.
Coming back from Florida, I was faced with the "have to's" in my life, but something had changed. We flew home on Wednesday night. Thursday morning, I was headed into work and I stopped at a red light. While sitting there, I watched my heart take a right hand turn, and it drove up into the mountains. And it said," I just want to spend time with Him, seeking His face, alone." As I took a left turn to go to work, I felt like I turned into a robot. I could switch my mind off, and my car would still drive all the way to work. Praying "God help me," I drove in to work. After being gone 8 days on vacation, and being in charge of the roofing company, you would think I'd have some stuff to catch up on, but only 10 minutes into work I find out there's not much going on, or missed. So, I decided to use my "free time" to seek His face. I picked up a book I had been reading, and started right where I had a marker. It said something to this effect..."If you want the supernatural in your life, you have to be in a place where if God doesn't show up it won't work." I began to feel conviction. I wasn't living my life according to that statement. I was living in what is possible, rather than the impossible that was/is beckoning me. I then began to ask God to take me to this place of complete dependence on Him. I heard the Lord say, "Call your friend, who just moved to Texas, and remind her about being thankful." "Ok, is that it?" I asked. I called her and reminded her about thankfulness, and it confirmed the word she was hearing that day. As I'm talking to her I hear the Lord say,"your going to Texas." Wow, ok... the one place I told my wife I didn't even care to visit. But the moment I heard to Lord speak this to me, my heart was filled with excitement. I began to try and see how it would work, fly there, hang out and fly home. How would I take more time off from work? I had just had used up my vacation time. How much would this cost? But it wasn't making sense. As the logistics were all running through my head, my friend began to tell me their story of their car blowing up and being out of commission. It was then that I heard the Lord say,"I want you to give them your car." Then... I saw it. I was driving to Texas, giving my car away, and flying home. I said to my friend,"I think I'm coming to see you guys soon." But I didn't tell them about the car. I got off the phone and asked the Lord, "What about my job? How do I handle this?" The Lord said "What does your heart tell you?" I said, "my heart already left. I watched it drive away this morning." And He said, "Then I would follow your heart."
After connecting with my wife about this, I immediately left a good paying job that I had been at for the past four years. That was Thursday. I told my mom what I was doing, and she said, "I want to go with you." Friday, she flew to Vegas, and Saturday morning we left for Texas. This adventure I set out on is filled with divine appointments and amazing happenings. Bless God! It truly is better to give then to receive. It's so fun to be a part of God's plan of blessing the socks off someone He loves. God can do anything He wants to do, but He loves to include us to co-labor with Him. He rocks my world! His love has apprehended me!
I depend on Him as my source, "5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."~ Romans 8:5-8
"If you want to see things you've never seen before, you must be prepared to do things you have never done before." ~ Graham Cooke
WOW! What a journey you are on dear son of the Most High God. Sounds like He has "ruined" you for just living an ordinary/human life, and that is good! We have to look beyond the natural and start seeing in the supernatural, because that is where the real truth is of who we are and who God is. It's sometimes hard for me to express what is going on...but I know that I know: God is in control and I must let go no matter what it might look like in "the natural". Keep on keeping on and don't be afraid!
ReplyDeleteWhat a story, simply Amazing bro... Thanks for bloging...I cant wait to see whats next ???????
ReplyDelete